Help us find 2020's Great American Tree!!!

• Help us find 2020's Great American Tree!!!

Morgan Garner updated 6 months ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • Morgan Garner

Organizer
    April 22, 2020 at 11:55 am

To celebrate Earth Day, we are now accepting nominations of favorite trees from all over the US. If you would like to participate in our search for America’s most remarkable trees here’s what we need from you:

Photo/photos of the tree

Brief description of why it’s special

Species

Size (estimated height and diameter.)

Can’t choose just one tree? Multiple submissions are encouraged. Directly upload your nominations to our 2020 Great American Tree album in this group under the photos tab.

Submissions will be accepted until midnight on June 4th.

After the submission period has ended, American Grove members will have 10 business days, until June 14th, to cast one vote for their favorite entry. The top five vote-winning trees will move on to the next round of the competition. An “all-star” urban forestry panel will determine the winner of the 2020 Great American Tree, which will be announced on July 4th. The first-place tree will earn a feature on The American Grove homepage, along with a framed photo of the winning tree.

We can’t wait to see this year’s most remarkable trees!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Want to learn more about your local community forest?

Join Us
LOGO

American Grove is an online community for sharing knowledge, experience, and insights about the trees and forests that enrich our cities, towns, and neighborhoods nationwide.

Group logo of Maryland Grove
Group Highlight Maryland Grove
Maryland Department of Natural Resources Forest Service.  This group will aim to inform citizens about…
Member Highlight Morgan Garner
My love for the environment has fueled my career as a physical scientist. I am…
Would you like to leave feedback or have a question? Email us, click here.
Skip to toolbar