Workshop in Springfield on using i-Tree Streets for your tree inventory

• Workshop in Springfield on using i-Tree Streets for your tree inventory

• Mollie Freilicher

Organizer
    February 29, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Massachusetts folks,

Please consider attending the workshop i-Tree Streets: Keeping it Simple, Affordable and Useful to be held Wednesday, April 4, 2012 from 9am – 12pm in Springfield, MA

This workshop is being conducted in partnership with the Urban Natural Resources Institute.

Learn how to use the free program i-Tree Streets to conduct your tree inventory and meet other Massachusetts tree wardens and advocates during the networking session following the workshop. 

If you cannot attend the in-person session, the workshop will also be available to view online as a live webcast. 

See below for more information.

Hope to see you there!

Please contact me if you have any questions:  mollie.freilicher@state.ma.us or at 413-577-2966

i-Tree Streets: Keeping it Simple, Affordable and Useful

Have you wanted to complete a street tree inventory in your community, but have been a bit nervous about trying to learn new software?  Choosing the correct tools to use for data collection, archiving and analysis can be a daunting task.  Well, over the past few years, the i-Tree Streets tool has undergone many modifications to make it simple to install on your computer, easy to use in the field for collecting information and even easier to analyze the data and produce results that can be used to tell a story about the street trees in your community.

A special upcoming 3-hour instructional session, ”i-Tree Streets: Keeping it Simple, Affordable and Useful” is scheduled for April 4, 2012 from 9:00 AM – Noon (Eastern).  This session, presented in cooperation with the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation will feature an opportunity to focus on the completion of a simple, easily implementable street tree inventory in your community.  The workshop will feature Mollie Freilicher, MA Department of Conservation and Recreation, Anne Cumming of the USDA Forest Service and Dave Bloniarz, USDA Forest Service.  For those in the New England area, the internet session will be followed by an In-Person Networking Session in Springfield, Massachusetts from Noon-1:30 PM (Eastern).

This session will cover a series of topics including:

• i-Tree Streets basics
    • Download, install and understand the software components
    • Using a PDA or handheld GPS unit
    • How to use the new pest detection feature, IPED
    • Analyzing and reporting data using i-Tree Streets.

Attendees will learn what equipment is compatible with i-Tree, how to incorporate GIS information into Streets, and how to use i-Tree Streets to conduct an inventory—from selecting and customizing fields for collection to importing inventory data from a PDA or other device into i-Tree Streets for analysis. Attendees will leave with an understanding of the tools needed to conduct a tree inventory in their community using i-Tree Streets.

PRE-REGISTRATION for both the web session and the in-person session is required, in order to provide the best experience for attendees.

Please visit http://www.unri.org/events/itree042012/ for more information and to register for the events.   

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Want to learn more about your local community forest?

Join Us
LOGO

American Grove is an online community for sharing knowledge, experience, and insights about the trees and forests that enrich our cities, towns, and neighborhoods nationwide.

Group logo of Maryland Grove
Group Highlight Maryland Grove
Maryland Department of Natural Resources Forest Service.  This group will aim to inform citizens about…
Member Highlight Morgan Garner
My love for the environment has fueled my career as a physical scientist. I am…
Would you like to leave feedback or have a question? Email us, click here.
Skip to toolbar