2012 Massachusetts Arbor Day Poster Contest

• 2012 Massachusetts Arbor Day Poster Contest

• Mollie Freilicher

Organizer
    January 30, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Dear Friends of Community Trees and Forests:

Once again, 5th grade students across the state are invited to participate in the 2012 Massachusetts Arbor Day Poster contest.  The contest is a great opportunity for your students to learn about the joy of trees and to earn recognition and prizes for themselves and their school.

The contest is sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation with help from its partners in the U.S. Forest Service, and the Massachusetts Tree Wardens & Foresters Association. The Poster Contest is open to all 5th grade classes. It is an exciting opportunity for students to demonstrate their budding academic and artistic accomplishments and build interest in the living landscape outside the classroom windows.

Our theme this year is “Treemendous Massachusetts…The Forest We Live In!” It can inspire students to think of themselves as part of the forest community and not just as observers. However they wish to interpret the theme, I hope it provides a fun learning opportunity. 

Each school can submit only one winning poster to us and then from all the school entries, we will select the winner for the Commonwealth. The 1st place winner will receive a tree for planting on their school grounds (valued at $200), a certificate for $100 in art supplies, and more. The 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive art supplies and many other prizes at a ceremony for all the winners.  The first place winner’s teacher will also receive prizes.

If you wish to participate, please download a 2012 Arbor Day Poster Contest packet. Submit your school’s winning poster to me at the address below. Arbor Day is the last Friday in April, but we will need your school’s winning poster by April 20, 2012. 

Send your school’s winning poster to:

Eric Seaborn, Department of Conservation and Recreation

251 Causeway Street, Suite 600

Boston, MA 02114

For more information Eric.seaborn@state.ma.us, best wishes for a happy Arbor Day!

Sincerely,

Eric Seaborn

Urban Forestry Program Coordinator

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Want to learn more about your local community forest?

Join Us
LOGO

American Grove is an online community for sharing knowledge, experience, and insights about the trees and forests that enrich our cities, towns, and neighborhoods nationwide.

Group logo of Maryland Grove
Group Highlight Maryland Grove
Maryland Department of Natural Resources Forest Service.  This group will aim to inform citizens about…
Member Highlight Morgan Garner
My love for the environment has fueled my career as a physical scientist. I am…
Would you like to leave feedback or have a question? Email us, click here.
Skip to toolbar