RFA for the Community Forest Program

• RFA for the Community Forest Program

Emma Hanigan updated 5 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • Emma Hanigan

Organizer
    October 14, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Tjhe Request for Applications (RFA) for the Community Forest Program  and can be viewed at: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/10/08/2015-25725/request-for-applications-the-community-forest-and-open-space-conservation-program

Applications are due to the appropriate State Forester or Tribal Official, depending on the applicant, by January 15, 2016.

For your information, the 2015 RFA had similar submission dates for applications and the projects to receive funding were identified in late May 2015. Given a similar time for review and ranking for this round would mean funds for this request would likely be available around June 2016. The absolute soonest a project could be acquired with these funds would be at least one year from today or late fall 2016.

For the 2015 CFP RFA 23 applications were received by the U.S. Forest Service and 6 projects were selected for funding. If you are a past recipient of CFP funds you are eligible to apply, a land conservation organization was successful in receiving CFP funds in both the 2012 and 2014 selections.

Please call (603-868-7719) or e-mail (nbungard@fs.fed.us) if you have any questions about the CFP or would like to discuss a potential project. I would happy to assist with any questions regarding the program.

For more information on the Community Forest Program please see the National CFP website at: http://www.fs.fed.us/spf/coop/programs/loa/cfp.shtml

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Want to learn more about your local community forest?

Join Us
LOGO

American Grove is an online community for sharing knowledge, experience, and insights about the trees and forests that enrich our cities, towns, and neighborhoods nationwide.

Group logo of Maryland Grove
Group Highlight Maryland Grove
Maryland Department of Natural Resources Forest Service.  This group will aim to inform citizens about…
Member Highlight Morgan Garner
My love for the environment has fueled my career as a physical scientist. I am…
Would you like to leave feedback or have a question? Email us, click here.
Skip to toolbar