PHOTO CONTEST OF YOUR URBAN AND COMMUNITY FOREST

• PHOTO CONTEST OF YOUR URBAN AND COMMUNITY FOREST

Laura Wagner updated 8 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • Laura Wagner

April 10, 2012 at 7:19 pm

About the Challenge
    America is home to more than 100 million acres of urban and community forests. These are the forests that line our streets, shade our buildings and burst with color every fall. Did you know that these trees also clean our air and help prevent pollution and flooding? That’s one of the reasons we like to call our urban trees ‘the hardest working trees in America.’ Take a picture of your neighborhood forest and send it to us. You’ll have fun outside, and could win cool prizes for your photo!

Urban and community forests broadly include urban parks, street trees, landscaped boulevards, public gardens, river and coastal promenades, greenways, river corridors, wetlands, nature preserves, natural areas, shelter belts of trees and working trees at industrial brownfield sites. Don’t forget to tell your friends and family to vote for your submission – there will be one Popular Choice prize winner.

The U.S. Forest Service is active in more than 7,000 communities across America, working to keep our urban forests healthy.

Founded by Congress in 1991, the National Forest Foundation works to conserve, restore and enhance America’s 193-million-acre National Forest System in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service.

For contest rules, visit: http://urbanforest.challenge.gov/.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Want to learn more about your local community forest?

Join Us
LOGO

American Grove is an online community for sharing knowledge, experience, and insights about the trees and forests that enrich our cities, towns, and neighborhoods nationwide.

Group logo of Maryland Grove
Group Highlight Maryland Grove
Maryland Department of Natural Resources Forest Service.  This group will aim to inform citizens about…
Member Highlight Morgan Garner
My love for the environment has fueled my career as a physical scientist. I am…
Would you like to leave feedback or have a question? Email us, click here.
Skip to toolbar