Lee County Operation ReLeaf

• Lee County Operation ReLeaf

Laura Wagner updated 8 years ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • Laura Wagner

October 31, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Despite rain and wind, the Lee county Operation ReLeaf Residential Tree Distribution was a great success this fall.  Alliant Energy customers in the Lee county area were able to choose from 11 different species this year including:  Swamp White Oak, Red Maple, Red Oak, Ketucky coffeetree, Sweetgum, Tuliptree, Flowering Crabapple, Japanese Tree Lilac, Eastern Redbud, Bald Cypress, and White Pine.  Most species were sold out well before event, and we discovered that the public loves diversity!  

This program is funded by Alliant Energy, and coordinated by Iowa DNR Forestry Bureau in partnership with local partners.  Lee County Extension and Outreach was, as always, a great partner which brought many, many great volunteers to the event for unloading and loading the trees.

Lisa Louck, IDNR District Forester, did a short tree planting and care workshop during the event.  For future distribution locations and dates, and for more information on Operation ReLeaf, go to http://www.alliantenergy.com/releaf

Find more photos like this on American Grove

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Want to learn more about your local community forest?

Join Us
LOGO

American Grove is an online community for sharing knowledge, experience, and insights about the trees and forests that enrich our cities, towns, and neighborhoods nationwide.

Group logo of Maryland Grove
Group Highlight Maryland Grove
Maryland Department of Natural Resources Forest Service.  This group will aim to inform citizens about…
Member Highlight Morgan Garner
My love for the environment has fueled my career as a physical scientist. I am…
Would you like to leave feedback or have a question? Email us, click here.
Skip to toolbar