Home Conversations @ The Grove Questions and Answers Have you experienced Arborglow?

• Have you experienced Arborglow?

• Administrator

Administrator
    April 2, 2014 at 1:16 pm

You might have heard of Alpinglow s an optical phenomenon in which a horizontal red glowing band is observed on the horizon opposite to the sun, typically on a mountain. Well, we want to know if you have experienced Arborglow, a similar phenomenon but with trees instead of mountains. It is that moment after the sun sets and you look up into the canopy and still see a muted light as the sun sets below the horizon. There is also the pre arborglow moment when the sun sets and the tree is back lit by the sun, this is particular special when in the forest and the sun light diffracts though the trees. Share your experience or photos with these phenomena and if you have not experienced or heard of it before, remember you heard it first on American Grove. The best photo or comment posted before May 15th, 2014 to capture this phenomena will receive an American Grove mug, hat, and/or shirt ! Post in a comment below. 

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Want to learn more about your local community forest?

Join Us
LOGO

American Grove is an online community for sharing knowledge, experience, and insights about the trees and forests that enrich our cities, towns, and neighborhoods nationwide.

Group logo of Municipal Arborists
Group Highlight Municipal Arborists
A place for municipal arborists to collaborate and exchange ideas and information
Member Highlight Morgan Garner
My love for the environment has fueled my career as a physical scientist. I am…
Would you like to leave feedback or have a question? Email us, click here.
Skip to toolbar