1. Plant a tree. Whether at your home, school, office or place of worship, planting a tree is one of the best ways to commemorate the day. Create a scrapbook of the day’s event by posting a picture of the tree in your Grove photo album.
2. Organize a beautification project in a public space in your community. Almost every community has outdoor area with potential that could use some TLC this spring.
3. Enjoy the outdoors. Visit a local park, take a nature hike, have a picnic or play in the backyard to reconnect with nature.
4. Attend a class on tree and plant care. Your local nursery or home improvement retailer may have classes scheduled for the spring. Contact your state’s forestry council to see if it has any activities planned as well.
5. Read a tree-inspired book. When was the last time your family read The Giving Tree, The Swiss Family Robinson or James and the Giant Peach? Use this day to read a book under the shade of a large tree.
For more ideas like these, visit the Arbor Day Foundation Web site.
[Photo credit: Arbor Day Foundation®]
Welcome to our community! What started in 2009 as a small Web site encouraging Georgians to plant trees and protect their urban tree canopy has now turned into social networking community for people across the Southeast. Our goal is to become a place where you can find and share information on how to make your neighborhood and community better – one new tree at a time.
We need your help to make The Grove a success. We want you to share your tree planting stories – and tips you’ve learned along the way – with us and other readers. We would love to hear stories about important events in your life that you commemorated by planting trees.
Please post advice on how you incorporated green practices into your lifestyle so we can use them too. We will share with you interesting tidbits from urban forestry experts across the region. Each state has its own group in the community, so make sure you become a member of your state’s group so you can stay up to date on activities happening in your area.
Also, if you have any advice on how we can make The Grove better, please let us know. Thanks for becoming a part of The Grove.
The Grove administrators will remove or not approve for posting the following images, videos or article posts:
Transmission, storage, or distribution of any information, data, or material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material; trademarks; trade secrets or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization; material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the media that you post; that you have received all proper permissions and/or releases relative to all media that you post; that use of the media you store in any public album does not violate these Terms of Service and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify The Grove for all claims resulting from media you supply. The Grove has the right but not the obligation to monitor all activity and edit or remove any media that in the opinion of The Grove violates these conditions. You understand and agree that The Grove takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any media posted by you or by any third party.
In other words, if you post photos, videos or other media, you agree that you own the rights to the media or have permission to post them, and that you are not violating the rights of another photographer, producer etc.
The storage and/or display of pornography or sex-related images of any kind. It is at The Grove's sole discretion what constitutes pornography.
Blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred, or profanity;
ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES AND MATERIALS
Promotion or display of instructional information supporting illegal activities; this includes, but is not limited to, instructions for the building or use of weapons, propagation of "spam" email and/or computer viruses, or any material that infringes the intellectual property rights of third parties; Anything illegal including, but not limited to, illegal software, warez or hacked software, serial numbers, mail fraud, or pyramid schemes;
Promotion of physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
Material insulting to, or that could be considered defamatory or libelous to, other persons, institutions or companies;
EXPLOITATION OF CHILDREN
Material that exploits children
Please contact the administrator if you have any questions.
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.