Tree City USA Communities. Enter to win a GoPro camera in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Tree City USA.
- Category 1 – My Scenic Tree City USA
Requirement: To be considered for this category, images must capture the beauty of your Tree City USA. (Tip: Focus on unique or historic buildings/locations that include trees… something that sets your city apart from others)
- Category 2 – My Active Tree City USA
Requirement: To be considered for this category, images must show residents of your Tree City USA participating in activities in, around, or among trees. (Note: If your photo includes any recognizable faces, you must get permission from the individual.)
- Category 3 – My Recognized Tree City USA
Requirement: To be considered for this category, images must contain one of your community’s Tree City USA recognition materials. Examples include a Tree City USA sign posted at the edge of town or a group holding your town’s Tree City USA flag. Feel free to get creative!
How to Enter
- To enter the Tree City USA 40th Anniversary Photo Contest, post your submission on your Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook page along with the hashtag #MyTreeCityUSA40 AND the City, State you live in.
- Submissions will be accepted from April 6, 2016 to April 20, 2016.
- Each category will be eligible to win a GoPro camera.
- Must be 18 yrs or older.
- Must include #MyTreeCityUSA40 when posting image.
- Must include City, State where image was taken [must be a recognized Tree City USA community to be considered].
How Entries will be collected
- An internal team from the Arbor Day Foundation will collect every photo posted using the hashtag #MyTreeCityUSA40. On April 21, 2016, the photos will be given to an internal committee who will select 10 finalists for each category by April 25, 2016.
- On April 28, 2016, the finalists for each category will be posted at www.arborday.org/ mytreecityusa40 and voting will begin. Voting will continue until 11:59 p.m. CT on May 5.