Get your tree related questions answered by our knowledgable members!

Post a question or a topic for discussion in the forum below

Tree Protection & In-Fill Development

I have been tasked with crafting language to protect trees on private property adjoining in-fill development (i.e., the trees are not on the parcel to be developed, but on adjoining private property whose critical root zone would be impacted from construction activities). I've done a search of other NC communities for tree protection & in-fill development, but they only address trees on public property. If this type of ordinance language exists, I'd rather not reinvent the wheel. Asking for any information, advice, or assistance you can provide. Thanks in advance!

You need to be a member of American Grove to add comments!

Join American Grove

Email me when people reply –


  • Jennifer, you may be able to find some answers on this new website launched by the Georgia Urban Forest Council in November, 2017, The Tree Ordinance Construction Zone.

    Information for Building a Healthier Community Forest
    • Thanks for the info, Susan! I'll check it out.

This reply was deleted.