AmericanGrove.org has been in existence since 2008, with the creation of GeorgiaGrove.org. In recent years, community use has not met our target goals. With that in mind, we are rethinking our mission and searching for innovative ways to engage our community of tree enthusiasts.
We know that some of our members are very dedicated to the Grove’s success, and we thank you for your participation and energy. There are many more tree enthusiasts out there who are not utilizing American Grove. Would you like to help us reinvigorate the site and be part of the change-making that we seek?
We invite your feedback and suggestions. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts or comment publicly below. We thank you!
Here’s what we know:
- Top five member states: Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Iowa, and Washington
- Most active groves: Washington, Colorado, Massachusetts, Georgia and Maryland
- Number of states with fewer than 10 members: 15
- Number of states with greater than 200 members: 3
- Number of groves with no activity in the past six months: 43
Some questions for you to consider:
- What content do you like to post? (videos, photos, questions, etc.) Do you get the responses you need?
- Which social media platforms or listserv do you use for other areas of your life?
- How many other avenues does your group have to disseminate information?
- Are there other tree groups outside of American Grove that you are involved with that already meet your tree needs?
- Has American Grove driven action for trees in your community?
- Would it be okay to have a national community only (no individual groves)?